Wondering what fantastic classes you can sign up for in August – and how to get out of the heat? Fret not, the August Healthy U class list is here! Download or view it now.
It includes a few noteworthy items:
- Beginning next month, Healthy U will sport a fresh look and will become part of our new Sun Health Magazine, LiveWell. You’ll be able to find LiveWell online and as a monthly insert in several local newspapers including the Arizona Republic, The Independent and the Daily News-Sun. Hard copies also will be available at a variety of distribution points in the community.
- If you are concerned about balance and falling, the Center For Health & Wellbeing offers two programs to help you stay upright and independent: the Balance Assessment and Training Program and the Balance and Strength Training Program. You can learn more about them here.
- Be sure to read the article on the benefits of low-impact exercise, which can improve aerobic capacity, increase flexibility, strengthen and tone muscles, as well as improve mental health. Plus, it’s beneficial for all regardless of age.
- Interested in free referrals to nonprofit health, human, and volunteer services? Visit OurNeighborNetwork.org or call 623-832-4ONN (4666).
- Our new class registration portal is live – don’t forget to check it out and register.
Have a wonderful August!