July 1 marked the beginning of a new fiscal year for Sun Health. But before we get too far into fiscal year 2017, it’s worth looking back at some major accomplishments of fiscal year 2016. Here’s a short list of the events that showed Sun Health employees at their best.
- Sun Health at Home was launched in January. The first continuing care at home program in the Southwest U.S. has grown to 10 members strong with many more in the wings.
- Donors contributed approximately $7 million to Sun Health Foundation, which will use the funds to support superior health care in the West Valley.
- The Foundation’s two main events, the Gala and the Golf tournament, set fundraising records.
- The Colonnade campus opened two new villas, representing 72 new homes and more than 80 happy, new residents. This project helped The Colonnade win a Silver Achievement award in the “Best of 55+ Housing” category from The National Association of Home Builder’s.
- LeadingAge Arizona presented Sun Health with two awards: Pushpa Chand, coordinator of Staffing and Central Supply at La Loma Village Health and Rehabilitation, won the Excellence in Service award and the staff from the Grandview Terrace Memory Support Suites won the Best Practices award.
- The American Heart Association honored Sun Health with a GoldFit-Friendly Worksite.
- Sun Health was recognized by the Healthy Arizona Worksite Program as achieving the gold level of excellence in worksite wellness.
- Sun Health’s Care Transitions program was chosen to present at the 9th Annual Orthopedic and Spine Summitin Chicago. Staff members gave a talk titled “Minimizing Costs in the Post-Acute Environment Through Effective Transitions of Care.”
- The Surprise Regional Chamber of Commerce presented Sun Health with a Legacy Award for Business Excellencein the Large-Nonprofit category.