Job Opportunities at Sun Health Headquarters
14719 W. Grand Ave., Surprise, AZ 85374
P.O. Box 6030 Sun City, AZ 85376
Community Wellness Setting
West Valley, AZ
This position provides leadership in specialty area of clinical nutrition, establishes practice standards and serves as a mentor to educate colleagues in the specialty nutrition area. This position manages a complex caseload of patients by providing comprehensive nutritional assessments, developing appropriate nutrition care plans, and monitoring outcomes of plans. Provides patient and family nutrition counseling and education in both an individual setting and in group settings. Develops Nutrition Standards of Practice and Education material in collaboration with peers. Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary Health Care team providing input and establishing patient care policies, programs, quality improvement activities and provides in-service education in areas of expertise.
- Provides comprehensive nutrition assessment of patients’ nutritional needs, with at least 50% of patient case load in designated specialty area. Obtains timely and appropriate data and analyzes/interprets data based on evidence-based standards and nutrition practice guidelines.
- Evaluates effectiveness of the care plan and communicates effectively to the other members of the healthcare team to provide optimal nutrition outcomes. Provides pertinent information in the medical records, patient plans of care and/or clinical pathways while meeting requirements of regulatory agencies (i.e. Joint Commission, CMS, State and Local Agencies).
- Provides nutrition education to patients, families, staff and other health care team professionals through the development of effective teaching materials and in-service programs; Evaluates patient and or family response to education.
- Provides leadership in area of practice, establishing proper patient care procedures and acts as liaison with nursing areas. Establishes and monitors policies and procedures in area of expertise and communicates areas of concern that impact patient care in this area. Assists with program marketing through the development of effective work relationships with internal and external customers to enhance the use of services provided by clinical program.
- Participates in and identifies continuous quality improvement activities in clinical areas to ensure optimal nutrition care outcomes are achieved; Participates in clinical nutrition Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities and completes one outcome study per year to improve on quality of nutrition service or to improve nutrition outcomes. Provides additional coordination of projects and programs.
- Demonstrates proficiency in area of practice; Responsible for developing training and educational materials to assist colleagues in developing skills in area of specialty and mentors staff members in area of specialty. Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent’s immediate manager.
SCOPE AND COMPLEXITY
This position interacts with patients, families, health care providers and nutrition and dietary staff in support of providing high quality nutrition assessment, care planning, delivery and measurement of outcomes. Customers are patients, visitors, physicians and other staff members, vendors, and payors. Position communicates effectively and provides specialty education to ensure optimum nutritional care. Position works independently and provides guidance to nutrition services staff in the development of nutrition plans. Position may also provide community education. Provides leadership in specialized area of practice through participation in establishing standards and policies and procedures.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENT FACTORS
Community outpatient setting:
- Able to stand, walk, bend, squat, reach, and stretch frequently.
- Possess physical agility and adequate reaction time to respond quickly and appropriately to unexpected patient care needs.
- Needs adequate hearing and visual acuity, including adequate color vision.
- Requires fine motor skills, adequate eye-hand coordination, and ability to grasp and handle objects.
- Able to use proper body mechanics to assist patients in ambulating, transferring in and out of bed, chair or wheelchair.
- May be required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must use standard precautions due to threat of exposure to blood and bodily fluids.
- Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or on telephone.
- May require periodic use of personal computer.
Must possess the knowledge demonstrated through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition and/or Dietetics. Must be registered through the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association and maintain ongoing registration and provide verification of registration annually. Maintains current licensure as required by State law. Must possess a level of expertise typically achieved through five years or more clinical experience in a specialty area. Must be able to function independently and be effective at prioritizing assigned patient case load as well as the ability to lead and serve as a resource for issues.
CDE preferred but not required.
This page reflects only open positions at Sun Health corporate offices. For positions at Sun Health Senior Living or our independent living communities and care centers, please click here.