Sun Health growth projects progress
It’s an exciting time to start a new year and watch the growth of Sun Health Senior Living emerge through various growth projects. Following are brief highlights of the various projects at each of our Sun Health Senior Living campuses.
NEW CORPORATE OFFICES
Sun Health administrative offices moved to The Colonnade Campus in Surprise Sun Health Foundation Offices also remain at Banner Boswell Medical Center
Sun Health Services, Sun Health Foundation and Sun Health Senior Living Administrative Offices have relocated to a new address on Grand Avenue adjacent to Sun Health Senior Living’s The Colonnade. A community room and health and wellness centers are being built into the new location.
To continue serving donors, volunteers and other partners in the Sun City area, we are maintain offices on the Banner Boswell Medical Center Campus in the Support Services Building on the second floor.
More information follows below:
New street location: 14719 W. Grand Ave., Surprise, AZ 85374
New PO Box: 6030 Sun City West, AZ 85376
Current office at Banner Boswell Medical Center:
Support Services Building, 13180 N. 103rd Drive, Sun City, AZ 85351
Current mailing addresses, which will also remain in place until further notice:
- Sun Health: PO Box 1278, Sun City, AZ 85372
- Sun Health Foundation: PO Box 2015, Sun City, AZ 85372
Websites and phone numbers will remain the same. Following are key contacts for reaching us:
- Care Transitions: 623-832-4300
- Sun Health Foundation: 623-832-5330
- Community Education: 623-832-5665
- Medication Management: 623-832-4100
- Corporate Office: 623-832-5350
- Sun Health Senior Living: 623-832-4340
Office hours will remain the same: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
THE COLONNADE VILLAS
Each Friday, a representative from The Weitz Company, the construction firm we’ve hired to build our newest 36 condo-style villas, hosts a weekly update with residents outside the Milano Dining room. During the meetings, we share updates about construction highlights and major milestones as well as activities that may impact traffic flows or day-to-day living within the community.
Following are a few highlights:
A great deal of visible construction activity is occurring above ground, now. What isn’t visible, are plumbers, electricians and sprinkler installers who are nearly finished installing these elements on the first and second floor units. Additionally, crews recently built the columns on the front entrance facing the Recreation Village and finished framing the roof on the theater room. The entry columns will have an arch between them that will be installed later. The water line is fully connected to the building. Next, workers will add chlorine for pressure testing.
- Utility crews will begin on the second floor electrical panels, plumbing fixtures, light switches and other elements. Additionally, all the plumbing and electrical work is finishing up in the basement.
- The storage units are completely framed.
- Framers are working the third floor walls, along with building the stairwell to the same floor level.
- Workers also should have some of the roof installed on the C-units. You should start to see a roof line soon.
- APS will continue working on electrical installation, and crews will finish up storm drain installation around the building.
- Overall, the utility workers should be wrapped up by mid-February, and then we won’t have any more trenches on the site.
THE COLONNADE TOWN HOMES
In addition to the 36 condo-style villas, two new townhomes also are planned for The Colonnade. The selection process for a general contractor has begun and a completion date will be announced in the coming months.
LA LOMA CARE CENTER
Rendering of the new La Loma Care Center Healing Garden
Work on enhancements to La Loma Care Center will begin in late January. Concerns anticipated from residents and patients include noise management as well as disruptions in normal service that may need to occur throughout the project. Daily communication with residents is planned as well as recurrent construction updates. Possible service enhancements such as miniature radios and ear plugs also are planned.
- Enhancement and expansion plans for the La Loma Care Center project include:
- Upgrades and expansion of a state-of-the-art rehabilitation gymnasium,
- Creation of an Occupational Therapy Suite,
- Addition of a Community Café/community education center,
- Creation of 10 new one-bedroom assisted living apartments, and
- Two new casitas, both featuring two bedrooms/2 bath as well as a two-car garage.
Key Phases of the project include:
- Phase 1 – Build out second floor shell space (add 26 beds)
- Phase 2 – Convert first floor to rehabilitation (lose 16 beds)
- Phase 3 – Build 10 assisted living units (first floor)
- Phase 4 – Create exterior rehabilitation gardens
- Phase 5 – Construct site improvements for separate entry
LA LOMA CASITAS
Construction on this project will run concurrent with Phase 1 of the care center project and is scheduled to begin in late January.