Professionals such as stockbrokers, attorneys, accountants, wealth managers and financial advisors are constantly on the lookout for ways to reduce their clients’ income and estate taxes. Charitable giving offers an excellent avenue for accomplishing this goal while giving back to the community.
Sun Health Foundation staffers are especially grateful for professionals who educate their clients about the benefits of making charitable gifts through the Foundation to support nonprofit health care in the West Valley. These professionals are fondly named Foundation Fellows.
Similarly, the Founders’ Roundtable honorific was established to recognize and thank individuals who have encouraged family or friends to make a significant outright or planned gift contribution to support Sun Health’s mission.
Both groups were recently honored at a luncheon at The Colonnade. This year’s honorees are:
2013 Foundation Fellows:
- Joseph Malka – Financial Advisor, Edward Jones & member of the Sun Health Foundation (SHF) Planned Giving Committee
- Michael Barnes – Vice President, MidFirst Wealth Management Group, Sun Health Foundation Board Member and member of the SHF Planned Giving Committee
- Mathis Becker – Attorney, Mushkatel Robbins & Becker
- Shea Boulware – Associate Vice President, The Boulware Investment Group, RBC Wealth Management, & member of the SHF Planned Giving Committee
2013 Founders’ Roundtable:
- Shirley Agnos – Sun Health Foundation Board Member
- Tom Heise – Retired, previously with BMO Harris Wealth Management, previous SHF Annual Giving & Donor Relations committee member
Sun Health salutes this year’s honorees for their generosity and commitment.