Edson and Loretta Allen were among the first visitors in the door at the March 19 grand opening of the Sun Health Center for Health & Wellbeing in Surprise, a center that’s already opening new doors for health and wellness in the northwest Valley.
“We were very impressed with the people we met. They seem to have a sincere interest in helping people with their health issues,” Edson Allen said of the center’s staff members. Loretta described the center as “beautiful.” The Sun City West couple, who split their time between Arizona and Minnesota, was so impressed that they both signed up for the center’s gold-level membership, which includes a host of healthy perks.
The Allens were among hundreds of visitors who turned out on a sun-kissed day for tours of the new center. The opening also included a health fair, prize giveaways, free chair massages and blood pressure readings, and two talks by senior health expert Dr. Roger Landry, who spoke about successful aging as outlined in his new book “Live Long, Die Short.”
Earlier in the day, the center hosted a ribbon cutting ceremony featuring speeches by Surprise Mayor Sharon Wolcott, Sun Health CEO Ron Guziak, the center’s Medical Director, Dr. Arun Lakshimpathy and Dr. Landry.
“The Center for Health & Wellbeing will provide health education as well as personalized support for enhancing nutrition, increasing physical activity, and managing health conditions to help clients live the healthiest life possible,” Guziak said. “The impact of what’s going to happen here will extend far beyond the center’s walls.”
Sun Health’s VP of Business Development Jennifer Drago shed further light on the center’s programs. “We complement a physician’s treatment plans by providing education and coaching to help clients better understand their health conditions, how to self-manage these conditions and how to modify their lifestyle choices to live a better quality of life.”
The Sun Health “Friends & Neighbors” membership program consists of two levels:
Free Basic Membership
- Access to services at the Center for Health & Wellbeing
- Access to an online wellness portal powered by CafeWell
- A monthly Healthy U newsletter and education calendar
- A 30-minute coaching session with a certified health coach
- A 20 percent discount on exercise classes at the Center
- Information and referral for health and wellbeing services
Gold Membership (Individual $199, Couple $349)
- Annual Health & Wellbeing Assessment
- Session with a Certified Health& Wellness coach to review assessment and develop a Personal Fitness Plan
- Annual Medication Review
- Discount fees on Center services not covered by insurance
- Free access to all fee-based exercise classes
- Personal Heath & Wellbeing binder
To learn more about the Sun Health Center for Health & Wellbeing, visit www.sunhealthwellbeing.org