Larry Minnix is president and CEO of LeadingAge, a position he has held since 2001. For more than 35 years, Minnix has been a passionate advocate for leadership and innovation in not-for-profit aging services. He entered the field as an administrative intern at Wesley Woods Center of Emory University, where he went on to serve as CEO. He also served as a LeadingAge board member prior to joining the association as its CEO.
Minnix has translated his passion into practice as LeadingAge’s CEO. During his tenure, he established the LeadingAge Center for Aging Services Technologies (CAST), developed programs to address important issues like workforce retention and regulatory reform, and is currently advocating for long-term care financing reform.
Minnix is a frequent speaker on long-term care, quality, ethics, and public policy. He chairs the board of Generations United. Minnix was named to NonProfit Times 2008, 2009 and 2010 “Power and Influence Top 50” lists.
Minnix received his undergraduate and doctorate degrees from Emory University and is an ordained elder in the United Methodist Church.
Areas of expertise: Continuing Care Retirement Communities, Culture Change in Aging Services and Trends in Senior Living.
Don’t have time to listen to the whole Sun Health Hour? Listen here for your favorite parts:
- Sun Health Hour- Minnix – Leading Age Vision
- Sun Health Hour- Minnix – Technology
- Sun Health Hour- Minnix – Effects of Living Longer
- Sun Health Hour- Minnix – Life After Work
- Sun Health Hour- Minnix – Baby Boomer Research
- Sun Health Hour- Minnix – Transfer of Wealth
- Sun Health Hour- Minnix – Trends in Healthy Living
- Sun Health Hour- Minnix – Seniors and Their Children
- Sun Health Hour- Minnix – Affordable Healthcare Act