Sun City West’s Richard Livengood, who was reelected to the board in 2010 and is the immediate past chair and current chair of the board’s Finance Committee, assumes the treasurer’s role for the 2012-13 fiscal year. Livengood, who retired in 1996, brings more than 30 years of hospital administration experience to his new role.
A member of the American College of Healthcare Executives as well as the Health Care Financial Management Association, Livengood formerly served as president and chief executive officer of Marion Memorial Hospital in Marion, IL.
In addition to Livengood’s appointment, the Sun Health Services Board also welcomes six new members, for 2012-13, including:
- Sun City’s Darl Bachmann – first elected to the Sun Health Foundation Board of Trustees in 2003, Bachmann just completed a two-year term as the board’s chairman. The owner of Ford’s World Travel in Sun City, Bachmann has demonstrated his commitment to the community by serving on a number of school-related fundraising and steering committees;
- Litchfield Park’s Larry D. Baker – the current La Loma Board chairman, Baker has more than 25-years experience in the banking industry, serving as vice president of First Interstate Bank of Arizona, vice president of Bank of America and member/manager of The Baker Group LLC. He has resided in Litchfield Park for more than 25 years;
- Phoenix’s Herman Orcutt – the former Sun Health Partners Board chairman and former managing partner of Phoenix’s Orcutt/Winslow Architects, Orcutt has a rich history of community service, with current or recent service on boards for the Barrow Neurological Foundation, WESTMARC, the Surprise Sundancers and the Arizona Tourism and Sports Authority boards;
- Goodyear’s Robert Carrier – a 20-year-plus veteran of government service, Carrier serves as a procurement officer for the City of Goodyear. He is a certified professional public buyer, and a current member of White Tank Rotary and National Institute of Government Purchasers;
- Litchfield Park’s Barbara Robey – a retired former business director for the Dysart Unified School District, as well as a former government relations officer for the Arizona School Boards Association. A longtime Southwest Valley resident, Robey has lived in Litchfield Park for more than 40 years; and,
- Litchfield Park’s Robert McMillan, D.D.S – like Robey, Dr. McMillan is also a 40+ year resident of Litchfield Park. He has more than 45 years experience as a dentist, and is a member of the American Dental Association and American Student Dental Association. He retired in 2000.
“This outstanding group of leaders is positioned well to help guide Sun Health through an exciting new chapter,” said Sun Health President and Chief Executive Officer Ron Guziak. “With their guidance and direction, 2012-13 promises to be one of the most exciting ever for Sun Health and the communities we serve.”