On September 22, 2009 the very successful $25 million capital campaign, Superior Health Care . . . the Treasure Within was completed.
Generous community support met the need as donors contributed their share toward the overall $116 million Banner Health investment. The campaign funded vital expansions and renovations at Banner Sun Health Research Institute, Banner Boswell Medical Center and Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center.
Renovations and expansions completed include:
- New 36,000-square-foot research building expanded valuable laboratory space and allowed for the inclusion of the Robert M. & Norma B. Cameron Tissue Repository and the Joseph C. Dansereau Memorial Brain Bank.
- To advance the search for new treatments for Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, arthritis and other age-related diseases, the Cleo Roberts Center for Clinical Research doubled in size to accommodate more clinical trials and participants.
- Glen & Betty Morin Center for Oncology Research has been named for future development of much-needed cancer studies.
- Glen & Betty Morin Auditorium & Lobby provides space for public lectures and events, as well as meetings for research teams.
- 78 new patient beds added for patients requiring admission.
- 4,000-square-feet of space added to the Emergency Department to reduce delays and improve efficiencies in caring for patients.
- Outpatient treatment services, including Infusion Center, Endoscopy and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy expanded and relocated to enhance patient convenience.
- Echocardiogram test results are now 75 percent faster with the implementation of the Heart Lab Cardiology Information System.
- New diagnostic medical imaging systems enhance the patient experience with faster scan times and improved clinical outcomes.
- 44 acute rehabilitation patient beds were added to the Banner Boswell Rehabilitation Center, Honoring Norbert & Sonia Grove, located on the Banner Boswell Medical Center campus.
- 175,000-square-foot patient-care wing opened in 2009 expanding the hospital to 404 licensed beds and providing space for an additional 70 beds, as need requires.
- 35,000-square-foot Emergency Department added increasing the treatment rooms from 30 to 53.
- Two state-of-the-art surgical suites added to expand the Surgery Department to 12 operating rooms. Space is available for two additional operating suites in the future.
- New Pre-Operative and Post-Anesthesia Care Unit added to ensure patients receive optimal care.
State-of-the-art Banner Health medical facilities continue thanks in part to the generous gifts of West Valley donors.
Your Health. Your Community.
Our Lasting Commitment.