LITCHFIELD PARK – Feb. 5, 2013 – West Valley patients wishing to catch a glimpse of their doctors donning the latest fashions should save-the-date on Saturday, Feb. 16. Several of the West Valley’s top physicians are ditching their scrubs that day. Instead, they’ll be wearing some of the hottest fashions from Dillard’s during Sun Health Foundation’s The Heart of Fashion luncheon and fashion show, beginning at 11 a.m. at The Wigwam Resort, 300 E. Wigwam Blvd. in Litchfield Park.
Joining their family members on the runway, top physicians, medical administrators, Sun Health board members as well as Sun Health Foundation Volunteers in Philanthropy (VIPs) will take part in the fashionable fun. In addition to well-dressed medical professionals and administrators, the event will draw proceeds to help fund the renovation of two 40-year-old operating suites at Banner Boswell Medical Center into one state-of-the-art hybrid operating suite.
The hybrid operating suite will combine the latest surgical, cardiac catheterization and 3-D radiological imaging technologies with real-time patient monitoring to allow the most complicated procedures without moving the patient.
Some of the top health care professionals confirmed for Sun Health Foundation’s The Heart of Fashion include:
- Dr. Thomas Beach with wife Lucia
- Dr. Christi Belden, PsyD
- Dr. Steven Charney with wife Susan and son Darren
- Dave Cheney, CEO of Banner Boswell Medical Center
- Debbie Flores, CEO of Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center, with grandson Payson Gerdes
- Dr. Mohamed Gaballa and wife Dewi
- Dr. Azimuddin Tareq Khawaja, wife Kneha and son Amir
- Dr. Marwan Sabbagh and wife Ida Crocker-Sabbagh
- Dr. Matthew Weichbrodt (The CORE Institute), wife Kelly and sons Jackson and Riley
Tickets, which include a social hour at 11 a.m., lunch at noon and fashion show at 1 p.m., are $60, and can be purchased by calling (623) 832-4931 or by visiting the Events page at www.sunhealthfoundation.org.