Today, there’s an estimated 15 million individuals living with cancer in the United States alone. Of those individuals, breast cancer and lung cancer are some of the most common diagnoses. The oncology departments at Banner Boswell and Banner Del E. Webb medical centers need your help to further develop their lung and breast cancer departments, so they can continue to provide an unprecedented level of patient-focused cancer care and help patients and families fight back.
The goal is to raise $2 million to support the oncology departments at Banner Boswell and Banner Del E. Webb medical centers. In partnership with MD Anderson Cancer Center, and with your support, both hospitals will be able to implement facility renovations and improvements, and state-of-the-art technology and equipment to better serve cancer patients.
Listed below is a breakdown of how contributions to this initiative will help support each hospital individually.
Lung Cancer Developments at Banner Boswell Medical Center
At Banner Boswell Medical Center, your contributions to the Cancer-Fighting Treatment and Care Advancement initiative will go to support significant improvements to the endoscopy department. This includes:
- Expanding three procedural rooms—one for thoracic and pulmonology procedures, an interventional room and a room for general diagnostics and therapeutics
- Advancing the technology used for endoscopies
- Performing new, minimally-invasive procedures to diagnose and treat lung cancer
Breast Cancer Developments at Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center
At Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center, this initiative will support a new comprehensive breast cancer clinic. This includes:
- Expanding capacity to meet the needs of patients
- Acquiring a new upright, stereotactic surgical table with 3D imaging capabilities
- Streamlining patient care via staff and procedure integration
- Centralizing medical imaging, surgical, medical and radiation services in one location
Together, these improvements will significantly impact our community. Individuals in the West Valley will have the benefit of obtaining most or all of their cancer care procedures and surgeries closer to home, without having to compromise their level of care.